Its time for more answers and more questions. Read along to find more of your questions to all things beauty and fashion.
(Q) Please Recommend three best shades of Huda Beauty foundation for Indian brides?
Three best shades of Huda Beauty for Indian brides are-
4. Panna Cotta
(Q) I have deep dark circles please suggest remedy
The best remedy for deep dark circles can be found at home. Take cucumber slices and keep them on your eyes everyday for 15 mins. You can do that while masking or after you take a shower. Include an eye cream in your daily skincare routine.
Some of the recommendations by our beauty expert are-
- Bella Vita Organic EyeLift Eye Cream Gel
- Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Micro-Sculpting Serum Skin Cream
- St. Botanica Pure Radiance Under Eye Cream
- Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream with Anise
(Q) Which is the best foundation for fair skin?
Some of the best foundations for fair skin are-
- NARS Cosmetics All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation with SPF & Hyaluronic Acid
- L.A. Girl PRO
(Q) Best primers and foundations and DIY hacks
Hacks for Foundation-
- Don’t skip out on your primer
- Mix facial oil in with your foundation.
- Warm up your foundation first
- Apply foundation from the centre of your face
- Use downward strokes
- Use your fingers to press the foundation into the skin
- Use a setting spray to finish
- Always check your foundation in natural light
Hacks for Primers–
- Apply It Strategically. Don’t just apply a goop of primer all over your face, no matter how great the primer is
- Don’t Miss Your Lids. Your lids need primer too, especially to stop that creasing
- Use It On Your Brows
- Finish With Powder
(Q) How to fix uneven skin tone?
The most appropriate way to fix an uneven skin tone is by Makeup. Tinted moisturizers, foundations and concealers can help with blemishes, discoloration and unevenness. Tinted moistuisers come in skin toned tints as well as green tints, which are better for dealing with minor redness.
Natural remedies include using lemon juice , tomato juice and rubbing it lightly on the skin for 15-20 mins before a shower.
(Q) How to fix under eyes fine lines and nasobial folds?
One sure way to fix the under eyes fine line and nasobial folds is Face Yoga. Just like yoga is good for your body, in the same way Face Yoga is helpful in reducing fine lines. Here are two of the exercises you can try-
1.Hook the corners of the mouth with the index fingers
2. Pull out about a quarter inch from the resting position
3. Apply resistance with the fingers and use the mouth muscles to tighten the corners of the mouth towards each other
4. Hold the position for about 5-10 seconds
5. Relax the muscles and then repeat
6. Aim for 10-25 reps
The muscles in the cheek play an important role in lifting the skin and tightening it up. Strengthening the cheek muscles may help to reduce laugh lines. To strengthen the cheek muscles:
- Use the tips of the index fingers to apply pressure to the laugh lines around the mouth.
- With pressure applied, smile with the lips separated, as wide as possible.
- Hold the smile for about 5-10 seconds.
- Relax and repeat.
- Aim for 15-30 reps.
(Q) Is there any rule for applying eyeshadow?
The standard rules of applying eye shadow are fairly simple.
Step 1– Start with a light or medium-light shade.
Step 2-With your eye shadow brush, smooth this shade over your eyelid from the lash line to the crease, and maybe a little above.
Step 3– Choose a darker shade and use a narrower brush to fill in the crease of your eyelid.
(Q) What are the things we need to do after makeup removing ? What products to apply?
Some tips for better makeup removal-
- Take your time
- Soap and water works better than makeup wipes
- Use a cleanser made to remove makeup
- Make sure to cleanse the edges of your eyelid
- Push your hair back and cleanse your hairline
- Flat cotton pads are better than cotton balls
Other than following these steps you can opt for makeup cleansing balms, micellar water and natural ingredients such as Coconut oil to remove every bit of makeup from the face. After removing the makeup, don’t forget to follow your CTM routine as it really helps in the maintenance of your skin.
(Q) Do we have to think about undertone foundation when we are doing bridal makeup?
Undertone of the skin is very important when applying makeup be it bridal makeup or any basic makeup. There are three different kinds of undertones-
- Warm- warm tone has golden olive and yellowish tones and tans easily.
- Cool- Cool tones have pink, red or blueish undertones and it easily burns
- Neutral- This one is a mix of warm and cool tones and it tans slightly.
Once you know your skin color and undertone, your search for the right foundation shade narrows down considerably. You will, most likely, have a handful of foundations shades to choose from. Its always best to match and test your shades once before deciding on any product.
(Q) Please tell us some tips on how to buy the best low budget makeup products brand to start a career in makeup?
If you are an aspiring makeup artists its important to keep some of these things in mind-
- Choose your products according to the variety of customers you have
- Buy in bulk
- Stock up on lip shades, eye liners and mascara
- Invest in Full Range Low Budget Makeup Kits
You can browse through a bunch of Makeup kits on Amazon, according to your budget and clientele.
(Q) How to choose the correct nude shade of lipsticks?
Choosing a nude lipstick completely depends on your skin tone.
Fair skin – Fair skin tones should go for lighter shades of nude.
Neutral skin -People having neutral or slightly darker complexions should go for peach-based nude tones.
Dark Skin- People having dark or brown skin complexion should opt for brown shades of nude lipsticks.
(Q) Please name some Concealers for dusky Indian skin tones ?
Concealers are great makeup products to conceal dark circles, blemishes and acne marks. It is usually applied before the foundation. Some of the best concealers for dusky skin- tone are-
- MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.
- Fenty Beauty Stix Matte Skinstick.
- Tom Ford Concealing Pen.
- Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer.
(Q) How to brighten the lips?
When it comes to brightening the lips, there are always makeup products that can brighten your lips, but if you want to see a change naturally here are some of the things you should try
- Coconut oil. Using your fingertip, take a very small amount of coconut oil and gently apply it evenly over your lips
- Rose water. Mix together two drops of rose water to six drops of honey
- Olive oil- Rub olive oil on your lips, as the last step in your nightime routine
- Cucumber juice- Cucumber is known to be a natural bleaching agent so hence a little juice on your lips won’t hurt.
(Q) Please suggest some Lashes for hooded eyes?
The term hooded describes how the fold of the eyelid hides some of your lid when your eyes are open, making not all of the lid is visible. The goal with hooded eyes and small eyes is to open up the eye as much as possible. Choose lashes that are shorter and more natural-looking.
(Q) I have tan on my face. Please suggest some remedies.
Orange Juice and Yogurt – Mix one tablespoon of orange juice in yoghurt and apply to tanned areas. Leave it on for half an hour before rinsing it off with water. This will easily remove sun tan from face and hands. Vitamin C present in orange will give your skin a boost and the tan would fade off.
(Q) How to avoid oily patchy skin in makeup?
Patchy skin is a result of you skipping primer. Always prime before your makeup. Primer acts as a barrier between skin and makeup, so if you’re oily it will stop the oil from seeping through and making make-up slide. And if your skin is dry, it will stop your skin from looking patchy and uneven.
(Q) I want my eyebrow in lifted position. Please suggest some tips?
Lifted eyebrows really build an arch in the eyebrow and also look beautiful. You can do that with Facial Exercises for a natural look. While if you want to do it with makeup, here’s how its done-
You will need:
- A nude coloured pencil
- Eyebrow brush (spoolie)
- Eyebrow pencil
Step 1: Shape your brows and fill in using a spoolie brush and eyebrow pencil.
Step 2: Take the light coloured pencil in nude and apply it right below the eyebrows. Underline your whole brow with this colour.
(Q) Best compact power for combination skin for daily use?
- Maybelline New York White Super Fresh Compact
- Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Complexion Compact
- Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Poreless Powder
- Faces Go Chic Pressed Powder
(Q) What is baking? How can I bake my face?
Baking which is also known as “cooking”, is a make-up technique originally used in Drag, now popularised by celebrities and make-up artists. This technique includes applying a heavy amount of translucent powder under the eyes and on the high points of the face, including the ‘T’ zone, to set the base make-up.
Step 1: Start by applying your foundation or concealer – to bake, the powder needs some kind of liquid formula to grip.
Step 2: Once your base is down and fully blended, dip your Bake & Blend Brush or damp makeup sponge into the powder and apply a thick layer of setting powder (using a dabbing motion) on the areas of your face you want to brighten and set.
Step 3: Once you’ve let it set for three to ten minutes (whatever you have time for), you can simply dust away any excess powder using a fluffy brush.
(Q) Which all brushes does beginners need?
- Foundation Kabuki Brush. After applying your primer (which you can totally do with your hands — rub it into the skin like moisturiser), it’s time for foundation
- Concealer Brush
- Double-Ended Brow Brush
- Multitasking Eyeshadow Brush
- Blending Brush
- Eyeliner Brush
- Fan Brush
- Soft, Large Contour Brush
This is all for our 2 part of the Makeup FAQs. Stay tuned in, as we are going to be coming up with a third part too. Till then, ciao.