Hello lovely people. Welcome to our wonderland of skincare and beauty queries, where no question of yours will be unturned. Read more for a conversational tabloid, where best beauty experts have answered all of your skincare & beauty questions.
(Q) Please suggest tips for brightening your skin?
For brightening, you can use many home remedies. Ingredients from your kitchen such as lemon juice, flour+raw milk, cucumber slices/juice, potato juice/slice are very effective. You just need to apply one of these things everyday and stick to that routine for the desired results.
(Q) Can you recommend some affordable eye shadow palette?
There are lots of options available in the market. Before buying, just make sure that the products are authentic and go for good quality products, because poor quality products may damage your skin. Here are some of the affordable eye shadow Palettes-
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow – Comfort Zone.
- Lakme Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette – Gold.
- Faces Ultime Pro Eye Shadow Palette Nude 01.
- MAC Eye Shadow X 9 – Burgundy Times Nine.
- Maybelline New York City Mini Palette – Rooftop Bronze.
- Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet – Tanjore Rush.
- Sugar Cosmetics
- Huda Beauty Palette
(Q) Can you recommend the best façial products for glowing skin?
Facial kits are instant and easy. They are used for maintaining skin’s quality and enhancing it. But before you use any facial kit yourself, take a note of these tips below-
- Before you use a facial kit or even buy one, make sure you read the instructions on the label and that the product is suitable for your skin type.
- If you are trying a brand for the first time, do a patch test.
- If there’s a recurring problem, reach out to a dermatologist or skin care professional who can diagnose the issue.
Here are some of the best facial kits available on online and offline stores-
1.VLCC Gold Facial Kit.
2.Lotus Facial Kit.
3.St.Botanica Facial Kit.
4.Aroma Facial Kit.
5.Jovees Facial Kit.
6.Banjaras Facial Kit.
7.Nature’s Gold Facial Kit.
(Q) Which products can be use for reducing dark spots and large open pores on my face?
You can try the Forest Essentials Facial Ubtan Narangi & Nagkesar – by mixing it with tomato juice or with aloe vera or even with rose water. Orange peel and turmeric in it works wonders for acne and acne spots, as it works as a natural astringent, anti-oxidant, and has anti-septic properties.
(Q) Please recommend some good foundations for acne prone skin?
1.LÓreal Paris Infallible 24h Liquid Foundation
2.The Balm Even Steven Whipped Mousse Foundation
3.MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Liquid Foundation
4.Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup
(Q) Can you share an elaborate CTM skincare routine for Oily and acne prone skin?
CTM is the abbreviated form of Cleansing , Toning and Moisturizing. Ideally these three are crucial steps to achieve a healthy and clear skin. CTM varies according to the skin types. Following is a CTM routine for Oily and Acne Prone skin.
a. Cleansing -Cleansing helps get rid of makeup, excess oil, sweat and many environmental factors which can cause irritation to your skin. Try to find a cleanser especially suited for oily skin. Gel based and soap based cleansers work best on getting rid of all the excess oil.
b. Toning– Toners balance the skin’s PH level. Toners make your skin supple by adding some hydration and moisture to your skin.
c. Moisturising– Moisturisation keeps the upper layer of the skin protected and locks in the moisture. Choose a very light moisturiser preferably gel based for oily skin that won’t look greasy.
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Face Wash
- Body Shop Tea Tree
- Biotique Cucumber Water
- Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15
- Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Oil free Moisturizer
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub
(Q) Can you suggest some tips for dark spots and acne?
- Ideally, you would want to combat acne right from the beginning, and prevent any further scars from forming.
- Micro-needling. Provided it’s carried out by a professional, micro-needling can be one of the most effective ways to combat acne scars.
- Exfoliation- Exfoliating once or twice a week before taking steam helps reduce dark spots and acne.
- Skin peels- Skin peeling mask such as charcoal masks are really effective. Just apply them after cleansing your face and let the mask dry for 15 minutes, and peel it off. Peeling removes the dead skin cells and reduces dark spots.
- LED facials-LED Facials use lightening that helps reduce acne scars. This method includes treating acne, regulating natural oil production, stimulating collagen and elastin and it minimizes redness and wrinkles. Certain wavelengths have even been shown to reduce dark spots and uneven skin tone. There are range of options available on Amazon India & Flipkart that are affordable and handy.
(Q) Best affordable and high-end CTM for normal to dry skin
Step 1- Cleansing-Cleansing is the first step in CTM routine which removes all the dirt and grime off your face.
Step 2-Toning– Toning comes after you have finished cleansing. It basically removes any leftover cleanser on your face or other impurity and helps in minimizing open pores.
Step 3- Moisturizing– This is the most important part for people with normal to dry skin. Look for ingredients such as Glycerin, Jojoba oil, Shea butter, Vitamin E, and Olive oil when shopping for moisturizers.
(Q) Please suggest some foundations for dry to normal skin?
When choosing a foundation for normal to dry skin, look out for ingredients that lock your moisture and don’t cause flakes or dryness in your skin. Here are some of the best picks for you-
1.Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation
2.L’Oreal Paris Infallible Longwear Foundation
3.MACStudio Water weight SPF 30 Foundation
4.Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation, Lancôme
5.IT COSMETICS Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer with SPF 50+
(Q) My face is very small. How can I make my face look bigger with makeup?
A big forehead, large cheeks and round chin looks feminine and beautiful. Please keep in mind that these tips can accentuate your facial shape and features.
1.Winged eyeliner looks very pretty on small eyes.
2.Groom but don’t Over-Groom.
3.Reduce the Puffiness.
4.Use Light or Neutral Colour for your Eyes.
5.Thick Upper Water Line.
(Q). How to get a glowing and flawless skin?
Check out these natural ways to help improve the overall health of your skin. We have compiled a list of simple rituals you can follow for healthy and glowing skin-
- Eat Healthy– The lesser fried and processed foods you eat, the lesser your skin has to work to keep it oil-free and healthy.
- Cleanse Well- Cleansing your skin with a suitable cleanser is the best option. Know your skin type and what suits it best before buying any product.
- Exfoliate- Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week pays off a good, wrinkle and youthful skin. Choose for mild exfoliators when shopping. Use your fingers in circular massage motion when exfoliating.
- Pamper Your Skin– Pampering your skin doesn’t mean lathering your skin with loads of products. Sometimes simply leaving your skin without any product is called pampering done right. So let your skin breathe once in a while, without any product. Additionally tools such as gua sha, jade rollers and micro-needling if used with proper prevention and care can do wonders to your skin too!
- Water Is Essential– This is the most important step when it comes to maintaining your skin inside out. Always have water, be it after exercise or a good meal. You can opt for cucumber or fruit infused water to keep yourself hydrated too.
(Q) My skin is losing its glow day by day I am looking dull and pale. I also have bumps which are unrecognisable. Please suggest me what to do?
Your skin has bumps. For bumps, massage some aloe vera onto the affected area daily for 8-10 minutes and it will dissolve. Try exfoliating too but don’t hurt the area much. For glow, just whip up some chickpea, turmeric and curd and apply it as a mask. Follow this routine every once a week to see results.
(Q) I have hair that is not growing properly as they break a lot? Any remedies?
One alternative is to boil some curry leaves in hot coconut oil and once it’s cooled down, you can strain it in a different container, apply in circular motion and then wash off your hair after an hour.
Another remedy is Curry leaves paste and curd. Apply the combination on scalp for one hour repeat every week to see the good results.
(Q) I have open pores on my face. And I have very dull skin that’s why I use home remedies but they aren’t working much so please suggest any products.
For open pores try any-
Cucumber juice(rub on face), Tomato juice/slices (rub on face), lemon juice(rub on face), fuller’s earth+rose water pack (apply on pores), gram flour(besan)+rose water+turmeric(apply on pores). Products such as exfoliators work the best. Best product is product range by the brand Q3+.
(Q). Best tightening face cream for older age women
1.Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer
2.L’Oreal Paris Collagen Re-Plumping Cream
3.Olay Total Effects
4. 7 In One Anti-Ageing Night Firming Cream
5.Kaya Brightening & Firming Eye Serum
(Q) Please suggest remedies for dark elbow and knees
Make a paste of lemon juice and baking soda by mixing equal quantities of both ingredients. These two ingredients have bleaching properties, making a great combination to cure this problem for dark knees and elbows. Rub the paste for three to five minutes, then rinse off. Repeat it twice a week for immediate results. It will also remove hardened and dead skin.
Keep all these rituals, tips and treatments in mind and include them in your daily skincare routine. Comment if you have any other questions.